You can split a shift into two shifts. You can do it even if the shift is already published. You access this feature in the same dropdown list where you would find the ability to Edit a Shift.
- This action will allow you to select a time at which to create two separate shifts out of the one.
- Once you split the shift, there will be two shifts, and if someone was previously assigned to the shift, then the original employee will be assigned to both. They will be able to treat them as individual shifts.
- The employee that now has two shifts, can actually keep one and attempt to trade/giveaway the other.
- After you split the shift, you have the option to reassign two different employees if you need to.
- If the shift was published prior to the split, the employee will receive notifications of the split. We will attempt to deliver SMS and emails.
- If the shift was never assigned prior to the split, then smart scheduling will treat them as two different shifts to assign. They are now considered "connecting shifts" and you will notice the connecting indicator on the Smart Scheduling window.
When you are done making adjustments, click SPLIT SHIFT.